Advanced trading tools
You can create and save up to five different platform layouts within the platform and switch between them quickly and easily via the quick links in the main dock. You can choose for the platform to ‘auto save’ any changes or select ‘manual save’ so it will revert back to the last state.
The layout manager function allows you to copy favourite layouts, name, rename and reset layouts. The platform will also remember which layout you were last displaying.
Note: The first time you log in to your new account, you will find three default layouts already created.
Our product overview contains important trading information including:
- Product information.
- Current spread.
- Margin rates.
- Commission charges.
- Trading hours.
- Trading and position limits.
- Holding cost details and historical rates.
- Key forward contract dates.
- Client sentiment.
Number of clients and position value
Our Client Sentiment feature not only offers you an insight into the percentage of CMC Markets clients who have bought versus the percentage who have sold on a particular CMC product, but it also shows you the total position value (units x level 1 mid-price) as a percentage.
The Client Sentiment feature is available on our web and mobile platforms.
Our Client Sentiment data is updated every minute, giving you this valuable insight in almost real-time.
‘All’ and ‘Top’ client views
The default ’All Clients’ view displays data from all CMC Markets clients with an open position in this CMC product and is used to display the relevant ‘number of clients’ or ‘position value’ statistic.
You can change this to show the ‘Top Clients’ view, which only displays data from CMC Markets clients who have made an overall account profit over the last three months (taking into account spreads and commissions), with an open position in this CMC Markets product. 'Top Clients' refers to overall account performance and is not specific to performance in that particular CMC product.
Our interactive Client Sentiment graphic allows you to view this information separately, or in one combined view, for easier comparison. The darker shade in the graphic represents the ‘All Clients’ view and the lighter shade represents the ‘Top Clients’ view.
All information contained within the Client Sentiment feature is indicative, has inherent limitations and may be out of date at any given time.
Both these sentiment values are shown for the previous day’s trading at 22:00 GMT (represented by the inner circle of the graphic), and for the most recent measurement for the current day’s trading (represented by the outer circle of the graphic). This allows you to easily see how sentiment has changed with that day’s market news and price movements.
When you view the Client Sentiment for a particular CMC product, you will also be able to see other CMC products that are being traded by clients that have open positions in the main CMC product. Client Sentiment is available for live accounts on both our web-based and mobile platforms but not for demo account holders.
*The Client Sentiment feature is for general information only, is historical in nature and is not intended to provide trading or investment advice – it must not form the basis of your trading or investment decisions. CMC Markets shall not be responsible for any loss incurred, either directly or indirectly, arising from any investment based on any information contained within this Client Sentiment feature.
Visual and sound alerts are available when the price of a product reaches your selected level. You can also choose to be notified by email should you be away from the platform at the time the price alert is activated. Push notifications are available on our iPhone and iPad mobile trading apps.
Audio, visual, email alerts and push notifications
- Synchronised across platforms so you will receive a push notification on your mobile device if you have the CMC Markets app downloaded.
- Set price alerts to trigger based on sell/mid/buy price.
- The percentage and points change required to hit your price alert in real time is calculated for you.
- Set an expiry date for your price alerts.
Create customisable watchlists of your favourite products to enable you to monitor them all simultaneously.
- New live accounts have a ‘popular products’ watchlist prepopulated with CMC Markets’ most traded products.
- Simple drag-and-drop functionality to create watchlists or generate one directly from your search results in the product library.
- All chart analysis performed on charts opened through a watchlist is automatically saved.
- Personalise your watchlists by customising the order and the colour of the title bar.
- Access daily performance values including high, low, percentage change and points change.
- Sort watchlists by percentage change to identify the best and worst performing products.
- All watchlists are synced across the platforms so updates created on the web platform will be reflected in the mobile trading apps and vice versa.
Monitor positions and account history from the account menu.
- Close or modify open positions from the positions tab.
- Close out multiple trades for an individual product, as one trade
- View open positions, pending orders and history collectively in one window or in individual windows.
- Filter your entire history by date range, type of order and product name, which you can print to PDF or export to CSV file.
- Print your own monthly or yearly statements by using the time/date filter.
Our portfolio mixer allows you to create your own portfolio and combine different products in one adjustable mix in order to gauge group or individual performance over a period of time. Commodities, indices, currencies, treasuries and global shares can all be combined using simple drag and drop technology. The performance is then tracked via the charts.
The portfolio mixer brings flexibility to your trading experience as it allows you to experiment with multiple trade selections. Remember, any information relating to past performance does not guarantee future performance.