Access unlisted managed funds through ASX’s mFund Settlement Service with CMC Markets Stockbroking
A cost effective way of investing in managed funds
As a foundation member of the mFund Settlement Service – CMC Markets offers direct access to invest in unlisted managed funds quickly and conveniently, through our award-winning platform. Access a range of asset classes and market sectors – without the paperwork burden usually associated with investing in unlisted managed funds.
Learn more about mFunds
- Investment decisions article by Michael McCarthy, Chief Market Strategist, CMC Markets
- ASX webinar: Investing for income - a broker's and a fund manager's perspective with Michael McCarthy, Chief Market Strategist, CMC Markets Stockbroking and Dr Don Hamson, Founding Managing Director, Plato Asset Management.
- ASX Webinar: One coin, two sides: What falling commodity prices, interest rates and AUD mean with Shane Oliver, Chief Economist and Head of Investment Strategy, AMP Capital and Ian Irvine, Head of Customer & Business Development, ASX
- mFunds news from the ASX
- CMC Markets blog
What is the mFund Settlement Service?
The mFund Settlement Service has been introduced by ASX to allow investors to buy and sell units in selected unlisted managed funds (‘mFund products’) through their stockbroker.
What is an mFund product?
An mFund product is an unlisted managed fund admitted for settlement under the ASX Operating Rules and available to investors through the mFund Settlement Service. A wide range of unlisted managed funds from a broad range of leading managed fund issuers are available. Participating Fund Managers.
Why invest in mFunds?
By investing in mFunds directly through CMC Markets Stockbroking’s share trading platform, you have the opportunity to increase your diversification, by accessing and administering a range of asset classes – without the paperwork burden usually required to invest in managed funds.
- Transparent and efficient portfolio: Manage and monitor your share and managed fund investments all on your current stockbroking account. Easier to change between unlisted managed funds.
- Diversify your portfolio by incorporating different asset classes and market sectors that would otherwise be under-represented on the Australian share market e.g. international & emerging markets, listed property, bond markets and international shares.
- Save time by cutting out the paperwork burden usually associated with buying and selling unlisted managed funds. Through mFund, the paper-based application process is replaced with an online one.
- o As an existing client of CMC Markets Stockbroking, you will not need to send certified identification to each fund manager – we look after all of this for you, automatically!
- Easier and familiar transaction and administration – all through your current stockbroking account.
- Utilise current award- winning platform* features - More- timely access to a wider range of information about managed funds, including unit prices and related announcements, real-time views of your holdings and order status.
Whether you’re a financial planner, adviser or self-directed investor – investing in mFunds via a CMC Markets Stockbroking account means goodbye to the ongoing administration fees you may be paying when investing in managed funds via a wrap platform.
Did you know?
Small differences in fees and costs can have a substantial impact on the end-investors long-term returns. If you’d like to find out more, or see the impact of the fees based on your own circumstances, the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) website www.moneysmart.gov.au has a superannuation fee calculator to help you check out different fee options.
Fees and rates
CMC Markets Stockbroking charges a brokerage fee on mFund transactions. Our current fees are $29.95 or 0.11%, whichever is greater.
How do I access mFunds?
For more information, see our FAQs , call us on 1300 360 071 or visit ASX’s mFund site
^Voted Best trading platform features. Results from Investment Trends 2013 Australia FX
Report, based on an online survey of over 13,000 investors/traders.