Why trade CFDs with us?
You’ll have access to our most technologically advanced, innovative trading platform ever, providing more control, lower costs, superior charting and orders, plus education for all.
You’re in control
You have a choice as to how much or how little you leverage your CFDs – which puts you in total control of your exposure. On the CMC Tracker platform, this is called customisable financing. You also have access to more advanced risk-management tools, including trailing and transaction-based stop losses, to help you trade with more confidence. And fast automated execution for individual customer orders will give you an edge.
- You control how much you want to leverage. Customisable leverage revolutionises CFD trading by letting you choose if you prefer to pay in full or to finance a portion of your transaction. Gone are the days of fixed leverage – now you can easily dial your leverage up or down for each transaction. Read more
- Web platform + free iPhone and iPad apps. Your markets, your way. No more downloads with the CMC Tracker web platform. And have the markets in your pocket with our new iPhone app. Touch, tap and trade with our iPad app designed specifically for CMC Tracker. Access everything the new CMC Tracker platform has to offer almost anywhere. Read more
- Portfolio mixer. Pick and choose your favourite products and combine them all together in one adjustable mix. Include commodities, indices, currencies or companies in your mix by simply dragging and dropping as many products as you like into the mixer, then track the performance of your mix on a chart. You can even choose a weighting for each product and decide whether you want to buy or sell. The weighting controls how much the performance of each product influences the performance of the overall mix. It’s easy to remove or add products and to track your mix over different timeframes. You have the power to create a product that’s all your own. Read more
- Cash commodities. User-friendly cash commodities mean simpler commodities trading, and that puts you in control. Want to trade, say, oil? There’s no longer any dilemma about which futures contract to choose. No more futures prices – just the price that you can trade, now.
- Fractional ownership. We’ve made it easier for you to allocate your assets by letting you buy and sell CFDs in dollar amounts as well as in units. So if you want to allocate exactly $10,000 of your cash to trade BHP, for example, you can: you don’t have to purchase whole shares. It’s a new standard in precision and effective asset allocation. Read more
- Many order types, one ticket. You can now apply market, stop loss and take profit orders on a single ticket. Plus, you can now open positions in any direction on either side of the market using limit entry orders across all global markets to sharpen your trading strategy. Read more
While minimum spreads can grab the headlines they don't tell the whole story, as markets can be volatile and underlying market spreads can widen throughout the day. Our consistent daily typical spreads are a reflection of our robust automated CMC Tracker platform. There are no requotes, and no dealer intervention.
- Our lowest spreads. Ever. Trade currency pairs at interbank rates, including EUR/USD and other majors from 0.7 pip spreads. It gets better: you can also trade major indices from 0.7 pts. Read more
- Pay less for financing your positions. Customisable leverage can save you money, as you only pay interest on the leveraged portion of your initial trade, whether the price goes up or down. For longer term investments, you might prefer less leverage and to use more of your own money to reduce overnight holding costs. You can even choose to outlay the entire amount of the position (that is, 0% leverage or 100% margin) and reduce your financing cost to zero. Read more
For a trade worth $1,000,000 with a minimum margin requirement of 10%, you can put down $100,000 of your own money and we will fund $900,000. You only ever pay interest on the $900,000, even if the value goes up to $1.2 million. If you had decided to put down $800,000, you would only ever pay financing on the $200,000 unfunded portion. Either way, you’re only paying financing based on the original value – but you still reap 100% of the increased value.
- Automated execution. No dealer intervention, automated execution and precision pricing.
Enhanced charts & orders
Ten charting types, including line, candle, OHLC and spread charts. Using these different charting types can help you to spot significant high and low price levels plus monitor the consistency of our spreads.
- Trade straight from the chart. Place your trade the moment you feel the time is right. And to make it easier, charts are displayed in your local time for both day and intraday analysis. Read more.
- More customising tools. More oscillators, more studies, and existing positions and orders displayed on our live data streaming charts. Plus – zooming lock and new drawing tools.
- New chart types and tools. Take a fresh view of the market with candlestick and OHLC charts. Explore our new technical tools. Print charts, extend chart time periods, save your preferred chart settings and layouts and set them as defaults. Read more
- Enhanced risk management. See your current open positions and edit risk management orders direct from the charts. Setting effective stop loss and take profit orders is even simpler when you can see them in relation to your entry point and against recent historical trends. Read more
Education for all
With detailed product overviews and news including influencing market factors, the new CMC Tracker platform aims to increase your market knowledge. Australia’s no. 1 CFD education team* is committed to the education and the ongoing training of our customers. Read more
- Webinars, workshops and online learning modules. Our education team provide webinars, seminars and online learning modules, catering for a range of trading experience as part of our ongoing education program for potential and existing customers.
- Geared to your experience. Whether you’re a beginner or already trading CFDs, our education program is intuitively tailored to your level of trading experience.
- Factsheets. The CMC Tracker platform gives you a new place to view all product information in one location, including financing level, spreads, trading hours, Dow Jones news and live charting.
Disclaimer: *Investment Trends surveys identify us as Australia’s No.1 CFD educator (2009, 2010 and 2011 Australia CFD Reports).